Big Ben

Big Ben
London

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Completed First Week of Class

Harry Potter Ticket!!

Today I officially completed my first week of classes at the university. Class went pretty well today. I left a little bit earlier to avoid any issues with the strike that took place. Good news, I did not end up running into any of today, except the guy standing outside the school just handing out flyers. During class we learned about consumer behavior and then at the end we had a competition where we had 40 minutes to create a company name, slogan, logo and description to target teens. Our group came up with the idea for a BORED? Card that gave teens discounts at places they regularly shop. (Brand Organizations Retailers Entertainment Discounts) Our slogan was "When you get bored, you can earn some rewards" and our logo had two stick people, one said they were bored and the other said let's use our BORED? cards. In the end we ended up voting for which one we thought was the best and our group actually got all of the votes. It was a pretty great way to start the day. 

Then on my way back I stopped at the BFI Imax and picked up my Harry Potter ticket. The only thing was, it took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to get to the door. Below I will have what it looks like and you'll understand why I had some complications. You actually have go down a set of stairs which then leads you to the entrance. I will say I was amazed once I found it how it is partially hidden, but yet the building is in plain sight. Once I got the ticket I headed back and worked on my schedule of events for the rest of the time here. I also planned out tomorrow.

Before I get to tomorrow though, about 6:15 I headed to the hotel we had orientation in because that is where we were meeting up to go to the musical. We saw Dreamsboats and Petticoats. The musical was actually really good. I enjoyed it and I think everyone else did as well. It had a lot of music from the 1960's such as run-around-sue, the wonderer, the twist, etc. The musical reminded me a lot of grease from the setting and how the characters acted. The plot was different, but I still really liked it. Additionally, at the end is when they sang The Twist and people got up and were actually dancing, it was quite a sight to see. Then following the musical we waited outside the stage door for the main character, Bobby, to come out. And he did not to long after we got outside and we got to take a picture with him and talk to him for a bit which was neat. Then I called it a night.
For my plans tomorrow, I plan on getting up early and heading down to the Wimbledon because I would be able to get a ground pass for about 15 pounds and be able to sit on a hill and watch it and be in the atmosphere of the Wimbledon, versus paying about 40 pounds. On the hill there is a huge screen that allows you to watch the match so you aren't missing out. I decided it was one of those things where I'm here and probably won't get another chance so I might as well do it. Then I plan on taking a short nap and working on my paper for class. Finally I will get all packed up for our weekend trip to Wales. 

Cheers!

Outside the movie theater (cinema)

No comments:

Post a Comment