Big Ben

Big Ben
London

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Couples day leading up to class

Friday morning I was up around 6:30 because we had to leave at 8 for orientation of API and England which lasted until about 12:30. We learned about what to expect and things to not say and what they find acceptable here. It was quite interesting. Then we grabbed a quick lunch and had a private bus tour at 2pm and we also go to go through The Tower of London which was pretty cool and she explained a lot of the cool stories about what happened there. Also we got to go to Buckingham Palace and take some pictures. Then about 5:30 we made it to the hotel and around 6 we got to move into our dorm rooms.

Like usual something had to go wrong. The piece behind the door that causes the door to close was literally falling off so half way through unpacking I had to move my stuff to another room, to mostly likely end up having to move back on Monday. So I still haven't unpacked. But then last night I wondered down and found a store with random food items so I found some cereal and milk and frozen pizzas so I was happy.

Sunday we toured around the area we live so we have an idea of what is around here, and there is quite a bit actually to do. Then we ate lunch at the pub on the corner. They do things a little differently here. They have a two course and a three course menu option and there are set prices no matter what you order. And they aren't exactly cheap. Luckily we already had paid for this through our program cost. But quickness is not something they do well here. We were there from about 1-3 and at 4 we had a treasure hunt through the college. So I ended up just heading straight there afterwards. The treasure hunt took us all over London and it was extremely hot today, they don't really have wind here so there isn't anything to cool you down. But hot days are rare so it shouldn't be too bad. And they don't have A/C's so it'll be interesting. Then at the end of the hunt we all ended at a pub and the college bought us all a drink. I got a cider but really wasn't a fan, not to mention I was so hot and it was only 6:30 that alcohol just didn't sound the greatest. Then we wondered around trying to navigate back and finally managed it. We ended up eating Mr. Fish which actually has more chicken than fish but extremely cheap prices so I can't complain. I just finished getting everything ready for my first day of class tomorrow. I'm kind of excited. I will let you know how day 1 goes!

It has definitely been a learning experience so far and I am sure it will continue to be until I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment