Big Ben

Big Ben
London

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Little bit of Sherlock Holmes, Mixed with 39 Steps

Today in class we went over how to create a bad presentation because of our upcoming presentations and we went over the technology behind communications and how we communicate various things, as well as tracking what people do. A majority of what we went over has been covered in past classes in one light or another for the most part. It was an interesting class at least. And because they were painting the computer lab we managed to get out of class early which was nice.

Following class I went to the Sherlock Holmes museum which was pretty cool to actually get to see it. For some reason on a Tuesday afternoon it seemed like a popular place because I ended up waiting in line for about 10 minutes to get inside because it wasn't very large. You got to see Sherlock and Watson's rooms, as well as the study. And on the top floor their were various people who portrayed the different stories.


After the museum I headed back to my room to work on a couple different things and get my stuff ready for tomorrow. Then I ate some dinner and headed of to see the play 39 steps which I described in yesterday's blog. I really enjoyed the play. Literally 3 men and 1 woman played over 100 different characters. It was definitely fast paced and I was impressed with their ability to create an entire play between the 4 of them. Basically the play was about a man who was framed for murder and he spends the duration of the play trying to escape the Professor who plotted against him and be able to clear his name. 39 steps is a secret organization of spies and their was a secret that one man knew, but the secret was about a really complicated process that I was not 100% sure what he was talking about but it ultimately cleared the guy and the professor ended up getting shot.

Then I returned and finished up a few things and headed off to bed. And tomorrow I plan on heading to the Natural History Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment