Big Ben

Big Ben
London

Monday, July 18, 2011

What a Day!

After my short two hour nap I got back up to head to the campus. Because of going earlier I ended up traveling during peak hours (8-9:30a) so there were quite a few more people. One guy I saw was bound and determined to make the tube and as the doors were closing he managed to grab the doors so he could hold them open long enough to get on, I was amazed then he just sat down like nothing happened. Just another day on the tube I guess. The doors are pretty heavy and there is actually a sign on the tube that says last year there were 192 injuries because of people trying to hold the doors. Some of the new tubes are better about not closing like that.

Then after making it to the campus, I got on the computer and got my really long paper printed. Luckily they put money on our cards for us so we didn’t have to pay anything. The printing system is similar to KSU but not as entertaining, here you scan your card and it brings up your account, which is nice. But at KSU we name our printing jobs and then scan our cards and it brings them all up and we print ours. The entertaining part is how creative we get to be with our names, makes working on projects late at night in Hale memorable. Come to find out though the library doesn’t do color, luckily the classroom/computer lab we were in was where the color printer was so I got my adverts printed in color. 

Then I hung out and waited for class to start. The last day we just did a recap and managed to be done by 10:30 so I went back to my room and crashed. Then around 3:45 I got up so I could get ready and head to the meeting point for our farewell boat party. I ended up eating on the way, which was a good idea. We got there and all gathered, over 100 came. We then boarded and hung out. We ended up not eating until about 7:30 so everyone was starving but I was doing okay, glad I ate before. We had pork, salad, rice and vegetables, rolls and what they called applesauce (gel type liquid with apple chunks). It was actually pretty good. Then we all just hung out and they had a dj and dance floor so it was a lot of fun. Great people watching also. Then about 9:15 we got back to land. 



It was an amazing night, perfect temperature and no wind. Wish there were more of those in Kansas. We all talked about meeting up at Leicester Square because everyone wanted to take the tube, except the 4 of us from KSU because it was so nice out. So everyone else took the tube and we walked. Part way though they said they were just heading back because they were tired so we just walked back. It took us about 2 hours to get back, but it was fun getting to see everything and it was perfect outside. None of them understood why we wanted to walk. But I think people from Kansas would be the same if they were here, especially with the extremely hot days now. 

 KSU :)

After getting back I took another nap because I was getting up at 2:15 for my 3:30am movie of Harry Potter. Details of the night will be on the next blog!

Boat Party and Walk Home
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150318674915960.385099.501770959&l=68c0eab992 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment