Big Ben

Big Ben
London

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Monday never felt so Cold

Monday started off as normal, had class but I just came back to my room right after and worked on my paper. During I took a break and went downstairs to check the mail and found beautiful roses from Chris, Today was our 4 month anniversary and even across an ocean he still managed to surprise me.





I worked on my paper until about 7 and then I got ready because at 8 I was meeting up with a couple friends and we were going to the Ice Bar. It was definitely a great experience. The bar is literally made out of ice. We got there and you pay 14 pounds, I would say it was worth it, and this gets you into the bar and your first drink. After that it is 6.50 pounds per drink and you have to keep the same cup, because it is made out of ice. Then you wait for our time (8:45) to enter. You go in a group of about 20 people and are in there for 40 minutes. That is about as long as I would want to stay either way. The temperature in there is about 23 degrees, reminded me of a winter day in Kansas minus the wind. But before entering they put a parka with gloves on you. And it was a blast, we were pretty cold when we left, but it was an experience.

After leaving the night of adventure wasn't over. They were going back to another dorm where the one girl lived and they were talking about taking a bus because I could get closer to the dorm. I am not completely sure still how to use the bus system, so I did what she said and they put me on a bus. It was the right bus, just going the wrong way. As soon as it took off they called and told me to get off because it was going the wrong way. They forgot to tell me how though so I ended up going a ways. But then when I managed to get off I walked back to where they were and we just took the tube. I made it home safely around 10pm, night life here tends to end a little earlier. Pretty successful night overall.




No comments:

Post a Comment