Big Ben

Big Ben
London

Sunday, July 31, 2011

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore

I ended up staying up until about 3am this morning because I was on a roll with getting things done and I planned on sleeping in anyway. I ended up being really productive and getting most things done. Including planning out my trip home Saturday. Making it to the airport will be an adventure in itself.


Today I went and saw the Wizard of Oz musical at 3pm, so the latest I would wake up would be 1pm. But about 11:30 I woke up and couldn't sleep anymore so I just got up and got ready. Then I ate some lunch and wondered around Oxford Circus for awhile. Then about 2pm I was standing outside the doors and the Salvation Army band came walking by and playing, I'm not sure why but I managed to get a couple pictures.

Then they opened the doors and I headed in. I ended up buying a souvenir brochure and then I found my seat. I was really impressed by the show and really enjoyed it. I thought they did an awesome job with it and had cool effects. A couple times people drop from the ceiling right above the audience which was really cool to see. I decided after seeing a couple posters that I just had to see the Wizard of Oz because of being from Kansas and I'm glad I did. I would rank it in the top musicals I've seen here.

Afterwards I hoped on the tube and headed to find Heather Road. It was an adventure. I got off the tube and got on a bus and then got off at the Heather Road stop, and come to realize it was on the other side of the six lane highway. So I ended up walking about 4 blocks to a pedestrian overpass and crossing it. Then I walked back up the 4 blocks to the sign to take a picture, and about 30 feet ahead was the bus stop that headed back to the tube station. So I got back on the bus and headed to the tube station to then head back. Altogether it took me about two hours get there and back, just for a picture, but well worth it.


Then after getting back I headed to the grocery store for some food for the last week here. By this time it was about 8:30 and I was rather hungry on the walk back and had decided on what I wanted to make for dinner and was pretty excited. Unfortunately, in the end I didn't eat much because when I went to make it, I only needed the microwave, the Chinese people on the floor had already taken over the kitchen which meant for me slowly being more grossed out the longer I stayed. It wasn't so much what they made, but the cleanliness. The stove was disgusting, floor sticky and dirty dishes everywhere. So by the time I sat down, in my room, to eat food no longer sounded good. It was a rather sad ending to the night. Luckily there is less than a week left of dealing with it, one of the reasons I am ready to be back home. 

I finished off the night with planning tomorrow and working on homework. Tomorrow I plan to go to the guards museum and stop by St. James to take a picture of the solider on guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment