Big Ben

Big Ben
London

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We Will Rock You!


Today in class we talked about nonverbal communication and went over what different gestures mean and the different ways that cultures use them. Then we did an activity where we had to write down how much time we spent on different activities during a normal week and then we had to put them into charts and graphs and we went over why we used specific ones. Lastly, our teacher showed up various pictures, mostly optical illusions and different ways to look at them.

Then after class I went to the store, but this time I ventured to a new store. I discovered a Tesco Metro close by, which is a larger store compared to the Sainsbury Central I had been shopping at. I managed to find many things and for cheaper. I was rather excited because I will get to change up my meals more now. And I managed to more than I usually do for about half the price. And it really is not too far away, it is about a tube stop, similar to the other store. And the thing I found interesting was the basket on wheels, it was like a mix between a shopping cart and a basket, pretty good invention actually because then you are able to just pull it and don’t have to carry it.

After returning and putting my stuff up I made a light lunch and gave mom a call on skype. Then about 4pm I left for our API event tonight. We had fish and chips (French fries) at a pub called Rising Sun, it was pretty good and we even got ice cream. Then originally we planned to see the musical “We Will Rock You” (tribute to Queen) and we did, but someone in one of the other API groups had randomly met someone who works on set and managed to get us a tour. So we got to go backstage before the show, so that was quite a treat. And he even let us take pictures, which rarely happens when it comes to musicals.


The musical was actually really good and I enjoyed it. I knew some of the songs, the more popular ones. But for people who know many of them they seemed to really enjoy it. They are pretty serious about not taking pictures during the show, I watched about 4 people get nailed in the area I was sitting in. I’ve been to enough musicals now to know that is a definite don’t. The one security guy actually made the girl delete the pictures in front of him.


Then after the show it was a tad chaotic but we all managed to stay together and make it back to the dorm without any issues. Then I worked on planning Thursday and retyping my notes for class and headed off to bed for the last day of the first week of class.


No comments:

Post a Comment