Big Ben

Big Ben
London

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday at Glance

I actually got to sleep in this morning, it was a nice treat. For class we met up at 10:30am and we went to a Brand Museum where we got to look at products throughout the 1900s and see how the brands have changed and what brands died out and which ones have lasted for decades. It was a really interesting museum and I enjoyed going through it. It was definitely up my alley. And the good thing was once we were finished with the worksheet we had to do for it, we got to leave. So not only did we start later but I was also done at 12:30.

After class I went down to the box office for the Wizard of Oz and bought a ticket for July 31st to see the musical. I decided that being from Kansas, I just had to see it. Also during my trip I will be seeing a few others. By the end of it I will have seen 5 theatre performances and a cinema (movie), not too bad for 6 weeks in London.

After purchasing my ticket I got on the tube and headed down to M&M World where I ended up spending about 2 hours in. It was a really cool store, it had 4 levels of various things. I did take quite a few pictures so you will eventually be able to see the store. Below I added a video of what the store looked like from one view. I've never added a video before so we'll see how it works.


Following the store I returned back to the dorm and ate dinner and organized a few things before heading off to the Billy Elliot Musical. It was a pretty good musical. I haven't seen the movie so I was slightly lost when it came to what some of things going on were. But it was centered around tap dancing and ballet so it was an astounding performance. The main character was about 12 or 13 years old and blew me away with what he could. It definitely took a lot of talent to put on the performance, but he did an awesome job.  At the end the audience gave a standing ovation.

Tomorrow after class I have about 2 hours to kill before our API group meets up for a tour of the Cabinet War Rooms where Churchill stayed during World War II and ran the war. It seems like an exciting museum to see and we were told there are some cool hands on things you are able to do.

I hope everyone had a good 4th of July. The time is flying by here. Next Thursday is the end of the first class already.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment