Big Ben

Big Ben
London

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Adentures

Today I got up around 9:15 and we left around 10:10 to go to the Changing or Mounting of the Guards at Buckingham Palace. It was pretty cool to see it, but from where we were standing we couldn't actually see in the gates so we aren't sure what goes on during the process. But it was cool to see them parade in.



After we watched the parade of soldiers, we went down to St. James where there were guards you are able to be closer to so we could take a few pictures.


 After I headed off to the Disney store where I wondered around and looked at it all. I amused by some of the kids in there as well. The one kid couldn't get the Mickey Mouse and was throwing a fit and yelling and screaming. The parents, I'm sure where embarrassed and just gave in. At the moment it probably seemed like the best idea, but it probably wasn't. I didn't stay as long in the store as I did in the M&M store because I couldn't handle all of the screaming kids. A side note, I did find out that this past week when I went to the M&M store, it just opened. They 10 million on it, but it is definitely awesome. After leaving the Disney store I headed to another area of London where they have a street called Disney Street so I could take a picture for mom. 


Then on the return trip home I stopped by the grocery store and picked up some food for the week. After getting back to my room I put my stuff away and took care of some things like email and blogging and then I plan on working on my paper the rest of the evening. It's due Thursday so I need to get to work!

Below I included the album of pictures from today. Enjoy!

And below is a picture of a phrase I hear so many times in one day. If you ever have rode the tube you'd understand. The phrase is actually quite popular and I plan on getting a shirt with it too. I doubt I will ever forget it. Mind the Gap!



Tomorrow I have class and then I plan on going to the Calvary Museum.


No comments:

Post a Comment