Big Ben

Big Ben
London

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July- London Style

Monday started off as usual by going to class and having my 3 pound meal deal in the cafe in the college. Then after I walked down to the Argos and got my blanket that came in, I was extremely excited. The comforter isn't quite big enough to keep me covered at night. The blanket did help quite a bit. Then on the next block was the British museum that I planned on going to, but about 100 feet outside the front steps I realized I never put the memory card back in my camera. So I then had to walk (take the tube) all the way back to my dorm to get my memory card. I made the decision quickly that I would head back and drop everything off and grab the card, so then on the way back I could stop and get some groceries. It took me about an hour to get to my dorm room and back, hopefully that can give you an idea of how far I had to travel. Definitely not the same as running across Great Bend.


When I finally made it to the museum I was a little tired but I was amazed how large it was, so I was fine. I wondered around the museum for about 2 hours, but you could probably spend all afternoon in there if you wanted to. They have a vast variety of different exhibits about different parts of history. One of the coolest room I thought was the one with clocks through the ages. I just found it really neat to see how far clocks have come.


After leaving the museum I made my way back to the dorm and on the way I stopped by the Sainsburys on one of the stops right before mine and got some food. The lady checking me out was very interesting, for some reason she felt the need to inspect every item I bought so it took awhile. She was extremely impatient. It was definitely an interesting experience to have, and one I don't think I've ever had before. I managed to make it out of the store and make it to the dorm. I then made supper and rested for a bit. I considered going out because I heard about a few places celebrating the fourth of July but I ended up just staying in because I was extremely exhausted from the day. I did end up hearing fireworks at one and was curious how they managed to find some here. It did make me smile though. I really wish I could have been back for the fourth. It was weird being here because it seemed just like another day.

Below are two links to the first two albums I have so far. I will continue to provide links to my other albums, hopefully soon. I am a little behind on it. Enjoy!

Walking Tour and Orientation Hotel
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150307970635960.381897.501770959&l=09e6193df4

API Orientation- Walking Tour- Bus Tour
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150308292830960.382003.501770959&l=5ce5e283f4

No comments:

Post a Comment