Big Ben

Big Ben
London

Monday, July 18, 2011

Taxi 3 Heather 0


Leading up to 2:30am was great, then it just went downhill. I was outside waiting for my taxi that I ordered because I wasn’t going to walk, the tube was closed and I didn’t know how to use the bus. About 2:45 I called the taxi company and they said it had been there, I was standing outside since 2:20 so I was confused but she said she would re-dispatch it. So I waited about 3am still wasn’t there, so I called again and she said it was there and left again…I had no idea where said taxi was parking so I was quite flustered. Then she said that they tried to call and the number didn’t work, come to find out it was listed wrong so she corrected it and sent another one. At this point it was 3:25 and I waited til 3:35 and just gave up, I was cold from standing outside for an hour. Taxi-3 Heather-0. So I came back upstairs and ordered another ticket for Sunday afternoon. Then went to bed.

I got up about noon and got ready. Then I headed to Wimbledon for the museum of tennis. It is about an hour tube ride to Wimbledon so I got some good reading time on my Kindle in. The tennis museum was actually pretty cool and I got to see Center Court which was neat. It was a good experience to be able to say I’ve been there.

 Center Court

Then I headed back and decided to eat at Pizza Express, which is like an upscale pizza place. It was actually really good. The waiter I had was on top of things and provided great service. Then I returned and gave my friend Laura call because it was her last night before heading back to New York. We ended up attempting to see the guards outside of St. James, apparently they don’t guard 24 hours a day. Then we wondered through the park by Buckingham Palace and ended up walking to Trafalgar Square looking for a McDonald’s for ice cream. Then we sat there for about an hour and just talked. And instead of taking the tube we took the bus so she could teach me how to use it before she left. And it now makes more sense so I at least can use the bus if needed. It was an experience. The bus system is kinda complicated here, but manageable. 



First off when a bus is coming to the stop someone has to stick there arm out or it won’t stop, good thing to know. And after getting on the bus it can be interesting too. You get on and touch your oyster card and then try to find a seat, upstairs there are seats too, but if you not you have to go downstairs, you can only stand downstairs. Then when your stop comes up you have to hit the stop button, or it won’t stop. Then you have to make sure you’re ready because you don’t have much time. So you have to know your stop and pay attention.
Then we headed back to our rooms and ended up standing in the hallway outside the elevator talking for about 30 minutes and saying good bye. I was sad to see her go because we hung out the most.  


No comments:

Post a Comment